Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Bad Case of Stripes


I am coming off of a 4 day weekend (double snow days) and feel charged and ready to take on the week! We are going to start the reading skill of visualizing tomorrow so I am going to begin with a lesson on found on Deanna Jump's blog that you can find HERE! I can't wait to see the images my kiddos come up with! What poetry do you like to use for visualizing? I'm sure I'll post later about the fun we have BUT let me share what I did last week.

We have been working hard on problem and solution within stories and it took us a bit but, they finally got it! I used a wonderful book by David Shannon called "A Bad Case of Stripes"
This book is awesome! You could here a pin drop while I read the story. As an added bonus you can find the story read aloud on STORY ONLINE. This will come in handy because your students will want to hear it over and over!


After we read the book. Students shared what they thought the problem and solution in small groups. They then filled in this graphic organizer:
Grab your copy HERE!

Hope you have a wonderful week!


2 comments :